1.25.2010

Overwhelmed

Today I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I don't know why, really. When I think about my tiny life from the massive perspective of the grand scheme of things, I have very little to worry about... very little to do... and yet today I find myself looking at my rather large list of things to do this week and feeling a little inadequate and very overwhelmed. There is just one thing to do. Break out the caramel truffles, pour a nice glass of diet pepsi on the rocks- with a twist of fresh lemon- (in one of the fancy glasses, of course...), put on my comfiest slippers, throw a pan of my famous brownies in the oven, and sit down to blog about it while the air fills with the sweet smell of everything-is-gonna-be-okay... :) Ahhh- I feel better already.

Happy Monday!



4 comments:

Melissa said...

It's great that you can forget about the things looming over you and enjoy some simple pleasures (such as chocolate) for a few moments. I have always admired you and Andrew. You have always had a lot going on with your family, work, school and church and yet, you both are happy, delightful people to be around. You are awesome! Keep pluggin' along!

DeGooyer Family said...

You GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Lacey said...

Been there and felt that way. You'll do great, you always did as a dorm mom! Don't forget that when you can't finish something, Heavenly Father helps you pick up the slack. I learned that from you.

Rebekah said...

Heavens Ruthie! Your little life is SO much more big than mine. I only have one baby and another in the oven! You're awesome. I'd have to say you're one of the people I look up to most in my life, perhaps because I've gotten to see the changes in you from the time we were teens. I love you. Enjoy some brownies for me. =) **hugs**