2.12.2009

Cry me a river...

-OR- just come play in the river that is making its way through our back yard. It's been raining pretty much non-stop for two days here in Michigan and our backyard is FULL of water. It is so sad because all Noah wants to do is go out and play in the water. Tuesday I did let the kids go out and play with friends in the back because the snow had melted and the tramp and swingset were just TOO alluring... but the puddles then were only a fraction of what they are now. I am not kidding when I say that they could probably drown in our little back yard pond. If it were summer, I would totally let them go splash around and have some fun. For one things, it wouldn't be as cold then, and for another I could just hose them down before they came inside (thus not tracking the wet mud up the steps, all through the kitchen, and over the beautiful cream carpet on the way to the shower...) I shouldn't be sad though. We really are blessed in this house-- and the yard really is my favorite part. After being "cooped up" inside our little yardless apartment in Kirksville for two years, it is awesome to have a huge, fully fenced back yard for the kids to run and play in, and a great big front yard with flower gardens to boot. But today they are full of rainwater, so we will watch our little river, or pond, or whatever it is from the window and dream of warmer, dryer days to come.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

OK, so I had your phone number in Kirksville... oops! I called all excited to talk to you, only to find that my long-lost friend is no longer living where I thought she was. Anyway.... maybe I'll try again.